SARA is Softech’s solution to monitor and analyze the environment in airports and urban areas. Launched in 1999, SARA is now used in most Italian airports and it is recognized as a reliable and innovative product also abroad. Scalable, modular and with an intuitive graphical interface, SARA continually collects noise and air quality data from monitoring control units. SARA correlates all these information with aeronautical activities to calculate quality indexes, as determined by current regulations, and the ground footprint of noise and air quality impact.
• Meteo data collection: Measurement stations can be equipped with meteorologic sensors, which provide the data to be used during automatic and manual data validation.
• Audio and video: Measurement stations can be equipped with IP color videocameras, able to record audio/video during sound events.
• Environment pollution: Stations can be equipped with air pollution measurement equipment for particulates, CO, NOx, BTX and others. Data are viewed and correlated with airport traffic levels.
• Access control: Permissions are granted for each user to access, view or edit data, in full or in part. Custom languages are available for the system GUI.
• Connectivity: Control units can connect to the central server via a number of connection modes, including LAN, WiFi, ADSL, 3G/4G, GPRS, GSM.
• Automatic daily calibration: On SARA’s noise monitoring stations, several calibration checks can be configured for each day to make sure that the measurement chain is working properly.
• Equal-loudness contour: SARA uses INM/AEDT models to extract equal-loudness contour data and evaluate the ground footprint of noise impact and air quality.